Rabu, 18 Mei 2011

Imperial College London's Med School in Second Life

My visit to the simulation of emergency cases presented by Dr. David Taylor lead me to this place:
The Post Graduate Med School of Imperial College London


Here I am examining a patient, or so it seem.
Since I came to the sim alone, I only have access to limited simulation
The BP monitor showed me that his Blood Pressure is 120/80 which is prime.
I can's see his blood sugar level though, shame
Neither can I read his chart...





This is the intermediate ward, the furthest bed from the camera was occupied by a patient
I had a fun chat... quite a witty persona ;P


Before entering the OR, I was told to wear a mask, so I did
And then I enter the scrubbing chamber, and of course scrubbed








By the OR's entry...I got this: 
NHS Tour Guide 1 Says: You signed in correctly.
You scrubbed in successfully.
You forgot to wear your mask.
Sorry, you failed to complete all the required steps for entry to theatre.
 
???? can't you see I'm masked? or did they think I'm wearing a niqab? well, though I do wear a hijab, I don;t wear a niqab..so what you see here is really a mask... so, please let me in (:P)
I know what I failed to do: wear the scrub /OR's robe ..which I can touch only


Anaesthetic Machine - Used for maintenance of general anaesthesia
 Inside the O.R, I was accompanied by a quite good looking anestesist (;P) 
who's checking the patients anestetic status during the time of operation - another key of a succesful surgery, often overlooked-  other than a good surgeon and staffs is a good anestesist. Without one.. even the greates surgeon can fail a simple operation.. (despite religious facts) 


p.s I'm not saying this just because he's kinda cute :P




Automatic infusion pump - for infusion of drugs or medication during the operation

Monitoring the NaCl infusion, how realistic it looked 

1 komentar:

Anonim mengatakan...

Hi there, after reading this amazing article i am too glad to share my experience here
with colleagues.

my blog post bio tech
Also see my site - Biotechnology Today